Results on Crops
- Higher nutritional value of crops
- Improves crop uniformity
- Larger plants and produce Healthier, heartier plants
- Consistent crop results
- Accelerated growth
- Greater yields
- Extended plant life
- Longer shelf life of produce
- Sweeter produce
WHAT BETTER WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR GARDEN?
Compost-Air™ is an innovative plastic composter designed to encourage air flow all around the walls (through the holes on the tip of every cone) as well as up from the base of the compost heap (through the unique Air-Tube). The Compost-Air uniquely provides:
- Fantastic aeration around the compost.
- A unique Air-Tube across the base to further aid in aeration
- A neat and tidy bin with adjustable diameter for any garden size.
- Fast and easy assembly.
- Rolls up and is light weight for easy storage.
- The ideal solution for quick, odorless composting with little need for turning.
To Make Good Compost You Need Healthy Bacteria
That begins with a well aerated environment in which bacteria can thrive. Compost-Air is an innovative plastic
composter designed to encourage air flow all around the walls (through the holes on the tip of every cone) as
well as up from the base of the compost heap.
The Compost-Air™ Allows for Excellent Air Flow
A traditional compost bin has slotted walls for air circulation. The Compost-Air exceeds this air flow with its holes
all over the side walls. For the best compost, it should be turned for proper aeration. The Air-Tube which lies on
the ground across the center of the Compost-Air allows a flow of air under the compost. The Compost-Air only needs
occasional turning. Two Compost-Airs can be placed side by side. Every few months empty one into the other.
The Compost-Air™ Will Last for Years
The Compost Air is made of 100% recycled plastic. It is extremely durable and will last for years. When it is
not in use, it can easily be rolled up and put away.
What makes a good compost mix?
Green Material (your nitrogen source – rots quickly)
- Grass cuttings and young weeds
- Uncooked fruit and vegetable peelings
- Coffee grounds and tea bags
- Poultry and animal manure (cows, sheep, goats & horses)
Brown Material (your carbon source – rots slowly)
- Autumn leaves, hay, straw, shredded paper
- Sawdust and wood shavings
- Cardboard and waste paper (ideally shredded)
- Old bedding plants and chipped clippings
- Wood ash, eggs shells, natural fibers (wool or cotton)
- Do not include meat, fish, cooked food, cat litter or dog feces.)
How do I make compost?
First place a layer of brown materials at the bottom of the Compost-Air, then a layer of green material
and lightly mix together. Continue to layer lightly mixed green and brown materials over time. Be sure to
add micro-organisms to speed up the composting process. The more the variety of materials used, the more
nutrient-rich compost is produced.
Cover the compost once it is full and check regularly. Be sure to check the moisture content and add water when necessary. Too much water creates a soggy mix, and too much air dries out the materials. Check the Air-Tube and keep it clear of debris for proper aeration.
Good compost is crumbly with a sweet soil smell. Good compost improves soil structure and increases water retention. Adding homegrown compost to your garden is very rewarding and your plants will love you for it.
- Use the yellow fixing tool to unscrew the 6 fixings that are holding the Compost-Air in a tight roll.
- Open out the wall material and lay the Air-Tube to one side.
- The bottom of the Compost-Air has two U shaped cutouts which will slot over the Air-Tube.
- Allow an overlap of about 4 to 6 inches.
- Again using the fixing tool, insert the fixings through the air holes of both layers, evenly spaced up the wall, and screw in until they have a firm hold. The design of the fixing means that they cannot be over tightened.
- It may be easier to turn the Compost-Air upside down, screw in the first 3 fixings, then turn it back up the right way again and do the other 3.
- Place the Air-Tube on a level area of soil where the ends will not become covered or blocked and slot the 2 cutouts over each end of the tube.
- Now you are ready to fill!